The company is an established global manufacturer of automotive equipment.
Our client is looking for a Process Engineer to strengthen the team of 7 Process Engineers in Lummen.
The Process Engineer is a core member in the product creation process for emission control systems (ECS) and reports to the head of process engineering. In this position you define and validate the manufacturing process.
% - % travel to the production plants worldwide is a requirement.
- Responsible for process definition
- Conduct feasibility (Design for Manufacturing) study from quotation onward
- Deliver flowcharts, cycle time study, conduct VSM
- Propose SMART performance targets for OEE, scrap, SMED, …
- Deliver initial layout and manning, standardized work and times
- Initiate and update PFMEA
- Deliver machine and tooling list
- Provide all this inputs to cost calculation
- Manage tooling RAACI's with plants
- Define prototype tool concepts and test these concepts
- Provide production M-BOM
- Initiate Digital Twin simulations for feasibility checks in catalyst and tube processing, welding applications and general plant lay out and participates actively
- Contribute to PFEP with packaging sheets
- Responsible for process validation till handover to plant
- Provide core process technology expertise and participate in Core Competence Team
- Master in Engineering Science/Industrial Engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Good English and Dutch language skills
- Working knowledge of metal forming and joining
- Welding engineering is an advantage
- Good knowledge of plan reading, tolerance studies, datum reference system
- Good knowledge of design for six sigma techniques
- Bachelor following Bachelor
Our client offers a dynamic and international environment with the character of a Medium Enterprise. Besides a unique environment, the client offers an interesting remuneration package with multiple additional benefits, flexible working hours and a considerable number of holidays.